So I wanna contact the creator of Wetlastic but I can't cus there's no info on how to contact someone. Anyone know who made her and how to contact em?
What's on your mind?
Been away for quite a time. i'm just curious who is still frequenting this wonderful (if a tad desolate) place.
This is the place to talk about your favorite topic, to share news, theories, ideas, and to connect with others. The content from your Forum has been converted to Discussions posts, so nothing has been lost.
To learn more about what you can do here, check out community.wikia.com/wiki/Help:Discussions
If you're an admin on this community, read more about how you can customize your Discussions and set up guidelines for contributors: community.wikia.com/wiki/Help:Admin_and_Moderator_Tools_in_Discussions
As it says. I could potentially write one up to do tasks for us, but I wouldn't want to do that with out community input. Also, what would they do? I have some ideas. I would just be worried about how they interact with achievements. Hate to have a side note that the achievement rankings start after the bots.
Bot ideas (not sure if possible):
- Property Bot - Would rollback edits done to any page by anyone not on that pages owner/editor list.
- Category Bot - Would Ideally add correct categories to any edited/created page and remove incorrect/unnecessary categories.
- Deletion Bot - If anyone wanted to delete their character/world/item/ect page all they would have to do is mark it for deletion and if the property tag and requester where the same it would delete the page from the wiki.
Note: These would not have to be all different bots probably. I could make an Admin bot that would help maintain the wiki and prevent us from having to repeat tedious things. This is a special type of wiki so deletion and property are important things and will almost always be an issue that comes up a lot.
Let me know what you think.
Note: This would take me quite a while to figure out. I've never made a bot on a wiki before.
This is copied from my blog "I'm BACK!!" and updated a bit.
- The Front page HAS to be updated (Changed, but still more to come)
- The mobile front page HAS to be made (50% of users are mobile)
- Java Templates have to be update to work correctly on Mobile (Will require testing and feedback)
- I am working on format templates now (draft 1 of the character template is up, and I'm looking for feedback). Character template is up! This is the first draft so tell me what you think. Just put a character name in the box and hit "create character". It will preload a bunch of code that you can edit. No need to copy pasta the formatting!!
- It makes me so sad that achievements are gone. They're BACK!!
- There needs to be community activities again (polls, discussions, challenges, ect.). I made a new poll. This one is to get ideas for where the community wants improvement first. More activities to follow!
- I'm going to rehash the power levels system (with all new rules!)(based of my original blog)
- I'm going to try to make everything easier to navigate and use. Got to turn the intimidation factor down.
- Got to find out how to block pages so that only certain uses can view them (if that's possible)(At least warning before loading)
- Need a set of rules so that we can define what is not acceptable
- Going to repair the forums and set it up for discussion/rp/story friendliness. Forums are still set up. They are just not being used.
- Add an easy to use mobile version of Wiki Activities.
- Look into Mobile editing improvements. (May be able to tie it in with templates). I looked into it and it can, because it does, and it's bad. Lots of stuff needs to be updated. LOTS!
- More improvments to come! Just need to hash out what we have now.
The more and more I read into this the more daunting it's getting.
- Almost ALL of the old info box's are useless when it comes to mobile and need to be updated.
- The template and template documentation needs to be updated and cleaned up
- I would like to see a new Logo that looks better than my crappy attempt at wordart
- On that note, I would like to see an overall update for the scheme of the Wiki. With that said I would like to here feed back on the colors and background. Looking for something that is welcoming and fits the feel of out mission.
Anyone who is interested please let me know what you want to do and I'll do everything in my power to help you. I have a lot of organization to sort out and document. Once this is done I will post it all and ask for help setting up and converting everthing to that format.
Hello there! It's been a while. I made a couple minor changes to the wiki, on arrival, such as making the background fixed (being that it wasn't continuous), arranging the Navigation Bar, and enabeling the forum.
Additionally, I added a "Roleplay" section to the forum. I figure that it's easier to roleplay this way, as making an article for each roleplay can get messy, and clutter things.
Additionally, I wanted to take suggestions, on possible changes to things like the style and theme, and things of that nature. I figured I may as well put myself to work, considering I've been pretty lazy, with my Admin position.